As an Office Administrator at Sussex Empowered Living you will be paid a salary of £17,550 per annum. In addition, you will enjoy an annual leave entitlement that increases with service.
At Sussex Empowered Living we specialise in supporting adults aged 18 to 65 with mental health conditions, learning disabilities and autism. We help those under our care and support to achieve their personal goals and maximise their independence within their own homes and in the local community.
As an Office Administrator with us you will work as part of a friendly, supportive team where each member of staff is encouraged and enabled to build upon their skills by being offered free training and, for the right people, opportunities to progress within the company.
Key job responsibilities:
- Greeting visitors and directing them to the appropriate areas of the building
- Undertaking clerical duties, including filing, answering phone calls and transferring where necessary/appropriate, responding to emails and preparing documents
- Receiving and actioning staff expense claim forms
- Being responsible for the petty cash tin and accompanying paperwork
- Buying office equipment, stationary, and any other items required by SEL
- Liaising with clients and staff as necessary
- Filing organisational paperwork in accordance with established systems
- Undertaking administrative duties related to new staff and Service User intake and exit
- Attending daily handover meetings to inform oneself on the daily operations to enable efficient communications
- Receiving and actioning annual leave requests and recording staff sickness on established systems
- Conducting administrative audits on a monthly basis using an established system
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements for senior members of the company
- Monitoring domestic staff and their performance
- Completing the weekly Fire Book as per compliance requirements
- Booking staff support where necessary, including contacting in-house and external casual relief where necessary
- Completing Housing Benefit forms for our clients
It is essential that you:
- have the right to work in the UK
- have at least 2-years administrative experience in a busy office setting (or similar)
- are proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel)
- can work alone from time to time and use your own initiative when required
- are innovative when necessary to ensure the work is completed
- have a good telephone manner
- have good written and verbal communication
- have excellent time management and organisation skills
Application closing date: Monday, 25 November 2019
Interview date: Wednesday, 27 November 2019
Sussex Empowered Living is an equal opportunities employer.